Saturday 25 February 2012

Glossy Box: First impressions and review

This post is a bit delayed, because I should have recieved it on Monday, however, noone was in so it was sent to the collection point, and to cut a long story short I picked it up on Wednesday, and was working last night, so tonight is the first chance I have had to get myself organised for writing this post.

 Here's the things I recieved. ^ 

I received (from left)
Dr Bronner – Lavender Hand Sanitizer (full size)
Como Shamhala – Invigorate Shower Gel
Bm Beauty- Pure Mineral Eye shadow in Storm Cloud
Awapuhi by Paul Mitchell – Wild Ginger Treatment Oil
Becca – Beach Tint in Watermelon


Dr Bronner – Lavender Hand Sanitizer
 I haven’t used this properly yet, but I was really pleased I got this in full size, I wasn’t expecting anything to come in full size as I had heard rumours that they pick the best items for the “famous beauty bloggers”. But anyway, this smells of lovely lavender and I am planning on putting it in my work bag because my hands literally get black when I am at work, so I thought this would be nice after using the horrible smelling foam soap we use.

Glossy Box description: A lavender scented hand sanitizer in a handy spray size, perfect to keep in your hand bag 


Como Shamhala – Invigorate Shower Gel I haven’t used this yet as I have about 4 products already open in the shower, although I have had a quick smell of it and it smells like pepper mint! I was a little disappointed with this one, although I will use it, but it’s a shower gel and not very exciting, sorry.

Glossy Box description: A revitalising blend of essential oils that puts you in a perfectly uplifted mood.

Bm Beauty- Pure Mineral Eye shadow in Storm Cloud

Again, I haven’t properly used this as I have been at school and I can never be bothered to mess around with eye shadow in the mornings! This is such a lovely colour though, originally I thought it was a silver/grey colour because of the name “Storm Cloud” but I think it has very subtle hints of khaki in it, I am really not sure, but it is a really pretty shimmery colour that I will probably use on my crease.

Glossy Box description: Award winning pure mineral eye shadow. Cruelty free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.


Awapuhi by Paul Mitchell – Wild Ginger Treatment Oil

I haven’t used this because I am always scared to use oil on my hair because my hair gets greasy quite quickly so putting “oil” on it would make it worse. I may try this on my ends and see how it goes, but I hate it when my hair feels heavy, so let’s hope it doesn’t have that effect.

Glossy Box description: Smooth and seal parched hair with natural oils and hydrating Awapuhi extract. Absorbs easily imparting a soft, silky texture and rich shine effect.


Becca – Beach Tint in Watermelon(I ‘swatched’, from left, a dot of it, 2 layers, and 1 layer)
This is the only product, so far, that I have used properly. I have never used a cheek/lip tint before; again I had been scared of them. I had a bit of a drama with it first so I will tell you that story. I thought I would use it really subtly on my cheeks, I had to be at school at 8:30, and it was around 8:00 and I was running a late anyway, I had just finished putting all my make up on, and then I went in with the cheek tint, and then, because it is a liquid, all of my make up kind of went patchy and congealed, so I had to redo one of my cheeks in like half a minute, it was terrible. My mum told me later that you are supposed to put it under your make up, but I have a severely red complexion anyway so I don’t think I will be doing that! Anyway, it isn’t all bad, I have been using it on my lips, it goes on and feels velvety soft, you can layer it up (well I have been doing) and it stays on throughout the day. I think this product is lovely, just to clarify, don’t let my morning make up drama put you off!

Glossy Box description: This award-winning lip and cheek stain blends beautifully to a non-drying, water resistant finish.

 I would just like to say thank you to Glossy Box for all these lovelies!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...