Friday, 9 March 2012

Belated February Favourites!

This is so belated, but I have been working a lot recently, and I have also lacked motivation ~ I'm sorry! 
 

Okay, so I know most people's favourites of the month type posts are of all things glamorous and quite expensive. So I apologise if you were expecting loads of Benefit mascaras and MAC primers, but I just do not own those sorts of products. 
I wanted to do an honest post about the products I have been using and loving.

1. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Cream for Stretch Marks.
Okay, I will openly admit, I have quite a few stretch marks. I used to use bio-oil, but it got quite expensive and I didn't really mind having them anyway, I still don't mind having them now for majority of the time. I saw this and it was a fraction of the price of bio-oil so yeah. The only thing that really annoys me about this product is the fact it has a pregnant woman on the front, and it is directly aimed to pregnant women. I would just like to point out YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PREGNANT TO HAVE/GET STRETCH MARKS. Quite a lot of girls get them when going through puberty, so I think having a stretch mark cream directed only at pregnant women is wrong, and I have to admit I was hoping the woman who served me when I bought this didn't think I was "up the duff" in colloquial terms.
Anyway, back to the product itself. Unfortunately I haven't seen any improvements in my stretch marks, however that could be due to the fact I haven't been using it morning and night like instructed. It does feel wonderful on the skin, and sinks in really well (which I found bio-oil didn't, I always hated putting it on because it is, well, an oil..). It has a nice smell and I have even started putting it in places I don't have stretch marks because it feels so nice. :)

2. Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation.
I have been using this for around a month now, and I love it. I did a review-thing here.

3. Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour Shampoo and Conditioner.
I also did a post about them here.

4. Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm.
I love this. I have always had dry lips, and using Lipcote has worsened this. I used to think I had a really good lip balm but then I found this in my make up drawer and started to use it again, IT IS AMAZING. Anyway, I am sure you all know already. I love Nivea, I recently bought a few of their cleansing/toning/moisturising products, so I will hopefully write a post about those, in a few weeks. 

5. Dove Essential Nourishment Body Lotion.
I am also a big fan of Dove, I sound like a middle age woman now but they have the right idea anyway! I almost always get at least one Dove gift set for Christmas, and I love the giant moisturisers. I have really sensitive skin and even after I have shaved my legs, within a few minutes the bumps will start to appear! So usually I get out of the shower and lather them in this, and it works.  

6. Batiste Dry Shampoo - Original.
I think this is one of my all time favourites, ever. I have to be a bit careful with it now I have red hair, but I swear if you want to keep your colour, you're going to have to skip a few washes I am afraid, and this baby is so great! The only thing that p*ssed me off about this product is it used to be £1 a bottle, and then they changed the packaging and brought out other lines, and now its £2.99 a bottle! I have to be very careful now how much I use, but sometimes when my hair feels 'too clean' I spray a little bit in the roots to liven things up. Overall, I actually can't express my love this product, it's just my live line. P.S Dear Batiste, you made one for brown hair, please can you make one for red hair? xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed my first favourites post, sorry if it was a bit too budget!

Thanks for reading :) 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...