Monday 15 April 2013

Berlin | Day 2 - Sachsenhausen, Holocaust Memorial and Philharmoniker


Warning: This post is very blunt to begin with, at first I wasn't going to include the pictures I took at Sachsenhausen, however I think it was quite a significant part of the trip. 

Bülowstraße


Oranienburg



 




It starts to get more horrifying from here.. 













 Trabi Safari!
Russian Embassy

 Holocaust Memorial
  Holocaust Memorial 


Berliner Philharmoniker

 Berliner Philharmoniker
Street view.

This was partially a serious day, although I'm glad I went to the concentration camp. It sounds really weird to say this but it really does change you and how you look at things. After we went there we had a walk round Berlin, went to another Italian, and then visited  the Holocaust Memorial. At night we went to a concert at the Philharmoniker, which wasn't my cup of tea if I'm honest - it was classical - but it was an experience! 

Click here for what I took to Berlin
Click here for Day 1 of Berlin

More instalments coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos,

    Slogan "Arbeit macht frei" I know very good from Auschwitz-Birkenau in Oświęcim.

    You should organize an exhibition.

    Greetings from Poland,

    Caayenne.

    ReplyDelete

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...