Monday 23 April 2012

NOTD: Candy Stripes!

My nails aren't the longest, I've bitten them since I can remember.
But I plucked up the courage to show you them, even though I hate how short they are!

I did a cute candy striped pattern on them. I've done similar before with navy and white and also black and white, but today I wanted something more spring like.

First I painted 3 layers of Next Just Pink in ----. I had to build up the colour as I think this was from a french manicure set, so the pink was quite translucent. However I wanted it to be very opaque. 

I then used L.A Colors Art Deco Nail Art Laquer to paint the stripes. I think I got this from Boyes for just £1 and it's actually really great! I am hoping to buy more colours so I can do different stripes and 'designs'. 

 It has a really thin brush which works really well when drawing the stripes on!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a quick post, so hope you enjoyed :)

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe the white is from Boyes - there's one next to my work, I'll definitely have to pop in and have a look for this on my lunch tomorrow.

    xx

    http://talesfromthedressingupbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh you should! It's amazing what you can find in good old Boyes!

      Delete
  2. ooh this cool!! (: if you use pink it'll be perfect for valentines day

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...