Tuesday 1 May 2012

Glossy Box | April - Organic Edition


I received my Glossy Box on Friday, but I've had a lot going on with my German oral (which I totally failed by the way, but live goes on). Ironically, this month the box wasn't actually glossy! It was a beige box with a matte/canvas finish, but it still looked nice. It was the Organic box, if you didn't already know..

So I received:


Ayuuri Natural Body Wash in Sandwood - Full size = £4.95
 I must admit when I saw another shower/body wash I was a little disappointed, but I was excited by how generous they were with the "sample" in fact I think this is a full size product. It smells really lovely, because of the colour I presumed it would smell fruity, however it smells quite perfumy. I guess perfumy is no help but it smells like "grown up" perfume. Okay I'm sorry I have no clue. 

Glossy Box: The Ayuuri Natural skincare range is based on fruit, plant and flower extracts that have long been used in India to enhance the skin's natural beauty.

Figs & Rouge Lip Balm - Full Size = £3.29
Figs & Rouge Lip Balm I love the packaging
 I'm always up for trying new lip balms and my lips are always constantly dry! I love the packaging of this product, it reminds me of a vintage/retro cake/biscuit tin. The balm smells really strong of figs and when you first apply it you can taste them, but this soon wears off. The texture is slightly strange too, it's not completely smooth like Vaseline and it feels as if it has small grains in it. However it is very hydrating and I will definitely be using this a lot. Also this was another full size'n!

Glossy Box: 100% Pure, 100% Natural & 100% Organic multipurpose balm. Excellent for soothing & naturally hydrating dry lips & skin

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum - Full size =  £29

I haven't yet used this so I cant comment on it too much. I'm not even sure what it is for, it says to apply after moisturising so I will do that one day in the week and see how it goes! I am apprehensive because I don't want too much moisture on my face - perhaps I will just use it at night time. A little goes a long way so this sample size should last for a bit.

Glossy Box: This newly-launched ultra-concentrated serum is extremely natural and plant-base, ensuring your skin never lacks moisture. The deluxe size is also exclusive to Glossy Box.


Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Eyeliner- Full Size- £11.75
Swatched - Top is build up of colour - Bottom is one "swipe"
I am really pleased that I got a bit of make up in this months box. However I don't wear kohl/pencil eyeliner so much these days. Perhaps this eyeliner will get me to explore. It looks a grey colour (graphite) when built up, however, as you can see just one swipe is a more brown colour. It is quite smudgey but I find that with all pencil eyeliner (1 reason I stopped wearing it). Smudgey is good if you are into wearing smokey eyes etc, however if you read my blog you will see from my pictures I am more of a defined wing kind of gal. I'm definitely going to try this out though, I can't knock it until I have tried it and it is a wearable colour.

Glossy Box: A rich and creamy consistency unparallelled in the world of natural liners.

Kai Perfume Oil - Full Size =  £41
 I was so pleased with this because it is exactly the perfume I like to wear. It smells really fresh and florally. I usually wear Marc Jacobs Daisy, and I think they have a similar smell. It claimed to smell different on different people which excited me, but then my mother reminded me that all perfumes do anyway (boo, excitement wrecker). My mum tried it on her "pulse point" and so did I and it did smell quite different. On my mum it was definitely a lot stronger. 

Glossy Box: Our Intoxicating signature perfume oil fragranced with Kai's light, intoxicating blend of gardenia wrapped in white exotics.


------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the long post, hope you enjoyed! Did anyone else get a Glossy Box this month? What did you receive in yours? 
Thanks for reading x 

P.S look what I did after I took all these pictures tssk I'm so heavy handed..

3 comments:

  1. This months box looks great :O
    I want to find a tester of the perfume and test out the different smells idea haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it isn't completely different obviously but there is a difference, unless it's a placebo effect! :)

      Delete
  2. I got one this month, my first month, I never got the body wash instead i got a facial serum, haven't tried them yet tho x

    kirsty x

    www.rockit-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...