Wednesday 7 May 2014

Hull Fashion Week Finale | Leaders in Hull's Fashion Legacy Catwalk

I was lucky enough to be invited to blog at the Hull Fashion Week Finale on Saturday and the slot I was given to cover was the 'Leaders in Hull's fashion legacy' which was the first catwalk of the day. The show kicked off with a fabulous Lindy Hop by students from Hull Collage and then models showed off clothes of Hulls finest and longest established retailers including Beasley's, Hugh Rice and Leonard Silver. I was so happy to be given this slot as this was probably my favourite catwalk as it included a lot of vintage and retro pieces. Many of the outfits would be perfect to wear in summer or at a festival, especially the 1960's playsuits you'll see below. I also loved the formal menswear section of the catwalk and I think the pieces like the grey suit and the pin-stripe jacket could really stand out at a formal occasion this summer. The girls hair and makeup were great: plenty of victory rolls and red lipstick which are so fun to have in the summer as well as all year round! 

To read my post about the boutiques and pop-up stalls that were situated inside and around Hull City Hall on Saturday click here.
To see the other blogger's posts on the event click here
Dancing Models: I particularly loved the way this group of models were dress - especially that mint green dress!














The fisherman's sweaters looked so cosy and I think these would look amazing on both men and women 


Fishermen sweaters


Fisherman's Jumper 


I think these outfits were my favourite outfits of the day - Both have a 60's feel and would be amazing in summer
Particularly this orange play suit which reminds me of the outfits at the Sixties Exhibition at York Castle Museum 


Beasley's Menswear - Fabulous pinstripe jacket 








The catwalk also showed off some amazing prom dress designed 


And finished promoting the local 'Hull Is Where The Heart Is Tee's' made by Thieving Harry's


1 comment:

  1. Ah, another person on my timeline who attended Hull Fashion Week. It looks like sooo much fun, I'm jealous!
    Lovely photos! :)

    http://thefashionbreezeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...