Wednesday 1 July 2015

Monochrome Summer

I haven't done an outfit post in a really long time because nowadays I spend my time in leggings and a baggy top for either work, the gym or lounging around watching Netflix. But today I thought I'd make an effort and dress up for you guys! 

I'm wearing all 'modern' stuff today but this outfit definitely has a retro twist to it. This skirt is from Dorothy Perkins and I adore it as it's versatile and can be worn all year round! The top is from New Look and although I've not yet braved the outside world in it as it shows my dreaded mid-drift I think it goes perfectly with the skirt. Hey maybe a few more weeks of leggings and the gym may finally pay off so I can comfortably wear this ensemble out! 

Since I've gone dark with my hair I do like to add a little bit of colour to my outfits so this blue and gold cameo necklace I picked up at Lou Lou's Vintage Fair. The shoes are years old from International which I'm not even sure still exists (do enlighten me as I loved that shop). 




For makeup this is rather heavy for weather that is touching 30 degrees but I did keep the foundation light, mixing it it moisturiser and red lipstick is obviously essential for any retro inspired outfit even if it is a bit wonky and melty! I try not to put much heat on my hair in this sort of weather so today I let my hair do its own thing and it turned out to be quite forgiving. 




Here are some links to the items I'm wearing or similar items to what I'm wearing:
Monochrome Summer



Are you enjoying the heat wave aka the short British Summer that we all wait for and then complain about when its here? 

Follow Retro and Thrift on BloglovinLike Retro and Thrift on FacebookFollow Retro and Thrift on TwitterFollow Retro and Thrift on InstagramEmail Retro and Thrift

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...