Thursday 14 January 2016

What I got for Christmas 2015


So I know this may be a bit late, but if you're not sick of Christmas posts yet then please read my little post about what I was very lucky to receive this Christmas. I know these sorts of posts are controversial and often people accuse bloggers of bragging, however this is kind of a way to make the most out of the lovely things I received as well as thank those who treated me. 




First up is something that I've wanted for a long long time - GHDs! My parents gifted me these and I am in love - I'll hopefully never have a bad hair day again and my mum also treated me these sparkly gold note books that I saw in Sainsbury's. My friend gave me this gorgeous handbag from Floozie By Frost French - needless to say it's my new Uni bag! 


 I am certainly turning into my mother's daughter as I am a huge fan of candles and Yankees are one of my faves too. I love these lovely Christmassy smells that I think you could burn all year round.


 If you know me you'll know I'm a sucker for false eyelashes. My parents (well my mum, lets be honest here), picked these gorgeous ones out for me from Urban Decay which are definitely being saved for a special occasion. I was also lucky enough for my friend to gift me Urban Decay After Dark Matte Revolution lipstick that matches the handbag perfectly!


More makeup from my lovely Nan - she treated me to a red lipstick and matching nail varnish - (thank you!). My parents also got me one of my favourite mascaras - Benefit They're Real! Aaron treated me to a new Dot by Marc Jacobs - possibly my most used perfume of all time. He even got me EDP (I have him well trained)!


Some of the best Christmas presents are essentials - although eyelashes aren't essential they just fitted in with the colour scheme of this photo - and I was so happy to get stocked up on shower gel again. I love Simple skincare, my mum always treats me to some because she knows it's one of the only brands that don't turn me into a tomato!


Here are some gifts I wasn't expecting. Aaron's Mum is absolutely love me and spoiled me rotten this Christmas - she bought me these super soft Nanshy brushes and a stand up holder for them all! Heated rollers are something I've never tried but these ones from Phil Smith are really quick and easy to use - I just have too much hair - thank you Mum and Dad!


Here are some other really cute bits I was gifted. The polka dot mug is from Cath Kidston and was from my lovely boyfriend Aaron; he also bought me 2 pairs of Boux Avenue PJs that have already been featured in a post I love them that much. Carrying on with the mug theme his Mum also got me this really cute (and accurate) cup that says 'On a bad day there's always lipstick'. The Kelloggs lip balms my parents bought me are so crazy - I am a bit disappointing they don't taste of actual cereal though step up your game Kelloggs!


More PJs courtesy of my parents! Along with matching slippers and goodies from Burts Bees.


Last but by no means least my parents surprised me with this gorgeous Vivienne Westwood necklace - one I've been coveting for quite a few years now. I absolutely love pearls and slowly building a little collection of VW jewelry so receiving this was insane and made me want to cry. 

There are quite a few gifts that I've missed out of this post, I recieved a lot of foodie gifts that didn't survive long after Christmas as well as vouchers and money that I obviously wont take photos off - please don't take that the wrong way if you bought me something and it's not here. It'll simply be to do with the fact that things have got dispersed around my room when unpacking from being away. Thank you to everyone who treated me to these amazing gifts this Christmas. I hope everyone had a great holiday and are having a great start to the new year!
Follow Retro and Thrift on TwitterLike Retro and Thrift on FacebookFollow Retro and Thrift on Bloglovin'Follow Retro and Thrift on InstagramEmail Retro and ThriftFollow Retro and Thrift on Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...