Monday 12 September 2016

#HullBloggersMeet 2016


Organising a blogger meet up was probably one of the most fun, but nerve wrecking things I have ever done. And I really hope that the people who attended enjoyed the day as much as I did!

Back in March, in the midst of my dissertation woe and Hannah's house hunting, we decided that we were going to organise our very first meet up. We had a lot to live up to, with last years meet trending on UK Twitter and boasting 3 huge goodie bags. However, after a few tips from Charley, who had organised the first #HullBloggers meet up in 2013, we were well on our way to planning the event...





We opted for a more low-key affair that some of the previous events still supporting local and upcoming brands but with more of a focus on blogger networking, making friends and learning new things. 

I've often felt out of my depth at blogger meet ups and consequently gone into myself or stuck to the people I know, and that's why we thought it'd be a great idea to create a bloggers 'bucket list' of fun activities and icebreakers. The checklists seem to go down well, and people were soon snapping selfies and Tweeting brands to win some gorgeous prints from That Lame Company



After a brief break from delicious snacks and hot drinks from the Liquid Jade tea bar, we changed the pace of the day by placing 3 chalk boards on the tables. Each board had a different topic of discussion: photography, social media and bloggers blog. They gave a chance to bloggers new and old to share their tips, tricks and experiences with each other. Needless to say I went home with a short shopping list after Violet recommended some Canon lens filters and Emma showed me her phone/SD card adapter!



We ended the meet with some old #HullBloggers traditions with a raffle in aid of local charity Purple House and handing out some small goodie bags. In total we managed to raise £60 for the Hull-based women's centre as well as a car load of material donations for their charity shop - so thank you to everyone who contributed!





Follow Retro and Thrift on TwitterLike Retro and Thrift on FacebookFollow Retro and Thrift on Bloglovin'Follow Retro and Thrift on InstagramEmail Retro and ThriftFollow Retro and Thrift on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...