Saturday 12 September 2015

Holiday Haul! Featuring #HBAlPorto goodies!


I received so many exciting products from the recent Hull Bloggers meet up (#HBAlPorto) but I wanted to start off my series of posts with some of the items I'll be taking with me on my trip to Malta next week! Some of the products in this post were bought by me but those marked with an * I got in my goodie bag(s) from HBAlPorto (post about this amazing meet up to follow).

Here are some of the holiday items I'll be taking with me and trying out whilst I'm soaking up the sights, sounds and smells of sunny Malta (not to gloat or anything of course...)!









Firstly it's obviously extremely important to stay safe in the sun (even more so if you're as pale as me)! I got some factor 30 but will also be using factor 50 for the first few days - I'm not that bothered about getting a tan anyway - I stuck with Nivea because it's what I know! I also picked up some Malibu Aftersun in the hope it would smell like coconut but it doesn't unfortunately, still useful to have though! 

I will also be trying out these UV Indicator Wristbands* which basically tell you when you need to apply sun cream (from what I can gather) - they also came with a really informative leaflet about sun damage. If I like these (and if I can get wifi) I'll probably feature them in a short post! I'm really interested and excited to use these! 

The little white bag is from Nanshy* and originally had a little blending brush in it however I'm being resourceful and using the bag for my sunglasses! 



Immediately when I saw these wipes from Halo* in my HBAlPorto goodie bag I exclaimed "these are going to Malta". They are perfect travel size and even come in their own cotton bag (which I'm storing medication and plasters in as well). Halo seem to have a wipe for every occasion (oh god I sound about 40 getting excited over wipes!) from makeup remover to deodorant!


I bought this powder foundation from bareMinerals after about a year of contemplation! The lady colour matched me and my skin (excuse the big headed-ness) looked flawless after she had finished with me! So much so that my boyfriend kept telling me how great my skin looked (not sure if flattered or worried that my skin looked terrible the past 2 years he's been with me). I wanted a lightweight, powder foundation for the summer/my holiday and this certainly fits the bill - I'd definitely recommend! 

I'll also be taking a couple of brushes away with me, mainly from LAB2 Beauty* - I use the The Triple Threat Multi-Purpose Brush with my new foundation and the On A Power Trip Brush to blend everything! 


Next up is skincare - I want my skin routine to be quick and easy whilst I'm away so im afraid it's more wipes! These NSPA* Face Wipes smell like a tropical dream and are so hydrating! I'll be using these Monu* Minis (ones a scrub and ones a moisturiser) and Lush's Breath of Fresh Air which not only works as a toner but also a cooling spray! 

I discovered coconut oil this year like the rest of the white middle class population so was so pleased I got 2 mini pots of it from the meet - one from  and one from Viridian Nutrition - perfect for travel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your questions, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, thank you. If you have any further questions please email me at courtneyfarrowblog@outlook.com or tweet me at @yentruocfarrow because I will get back to you sooner



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...